Post New Reply button issue after upgrade to 4.2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post New Reply button issue after upgrade to 4.2.1

Upgraded a forum from 3.7 to 4.2.1 and was just opening it up to new regs and posts when I noticed an issue I don't understand.

When I single-click on the + Post New Reply button, I get that browser's "busy" icon, but the advanced reply page never loads.

When I double-click, the advanced reply page loads just fine.
    This does not happen when not logged in. When not logged in, the advanced reply page loads with appropriate captchas.
    This also does not happen when logged in and I right click the link and choose "open in new tab" or "open in new window." These result in the advanced reply page loading in a new tab or window just fine.
    When Quick Reply is enabled, that works fine.
    When logged in and I double-click on the Reply link in postbit, this does not happen. The advanced reply page loads just fine.

The hanging of the reply page load only happens when logged in, left single-clicking the + Post New Reply link at the top or bottom of the Showthread page. Is this a cookie issue? Some kind of auth key issue?

Thanks in advance for any insights.
    Last edited by ImageConstrux; Thu 12 Sep '13, 1:21pm.

Additional info: Viewing html page source code versions for non-reg and registered users shows identical code for this particular oddly-functioning button link. Also, when single clicking the link when logged in, the image progress.gif with a style of display:none displays, but nothing else happens, no matter how long one waits. Thoughts?

Comment

*snort* So having to double-click is a feature? Just discovered this. Whoda thunkit.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X