X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLMD
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBen View Post
    I can't find the details to get my details back, I asked in support for them but cannot provide them the details they require, even though I have full login details etc for my site they do not deem that as acceptable.
    Just to be sure, I'd still ask if there is a way to get the customer number or something else out of your vB4 files you have access to.

But if there is no chance to get your details back, then I assume you have to buy a new license. With that one you should be able to upgrade with no problems. Worst scenario is that you use a new license over an old valid license, which would still need an upgrade license. Your maximum amount of loss is about $ 40 then (the difference between an upgrade license and a new license).

Leave a comment:

• TheBen
    replied
    Originally posted by TLMD View Post
    1.) If you have trouble with remembering your account details etc., I guess it would be best to contact support directly via e-mail. If you buy a new vB5 license, it comes as a new license. If you want to buy the Upgrade, you have to log in to do this, so you need your account details.

2.) You should try to recover your account information. However, if you actually buy a new vB 5 license, you get a new customer number, too. I think you can enter this when upgrading your vB4 to vB5 and it will work.

3.) I don't think a WP-vB5 bridge does exist, but I would start with looking at vbulletin.org for this. I suppose you have already done that though...
    I can't find the details to get my details back, I asked in support for them but cannot provide them the details they require, even though I have full login details etc for my site they do not deem that as acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• TLMD
    replied
    1.) If you have trouble with remembering your account details etc., I guess it would be best to contact support directly via e-mail. If you buy a new vB5 license, it comes as a new license. If you want to buy the Upgrade, you have to log in to do this, so you need your account details.

2.) You should try to recover your account information. However, if you actually buy a new vB 5 license, you get a new customer number, too. I think you can enter this when upgrading your vB4 to vB5 and it will work.

3.) I don't think a WP-vB5 bridge does exist, but I would start with looking at vbulletin.org for this. I suppose you have already done that though...

Leave a comment:

• TheBen
    started a topic oking to upgrade to 5 a few questions.

oking to upgrade to 5 a few questions.

Since I seem unable to post anything within the vBulletin Connect forums I guess this would be the best place to ask my questions.

I have a vBulletin 4 forum and license, however I am unable to access my license details within vBulletin as frankly the email I signed up for no longer works (old domain name) and I cannot remember the mass amount of details I signed up with, if I purchase 5 will this just come under a new license?

Will I be able to upgrade not knowing my vb4 license details? As long as I have the 5 details?

Also I use wordpress as my CMS (landing area) currently I have this bridged however searching around I cannot find anything relevant to wordpress and a bridge for vb connect, is anyone aware of a bridge that currently exists or is planned from any site, free or paid it doesn't matter.

Sorry for posting this here as I said I cannot post anything within the vb5 sections/forums.