Delete threads started by....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Delete threads started by....

Is there any option to delete ONLY the first post from a thread and leave the others ?

Else, how can i delete ALL threads started from a user and leave the others that has answered on them ?

Thanks !

You may move the first post to another thread - like to a thread you created just for deleted first posts. Or, there may be a modification on vbulletin.org to help with what you want to do.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

It's not possible to do it by hand. They're about 1000-1500 threads.

Comment

If you delete the first post it will take the whole thread out. So be careful what you do.

Comment

I think you would need to write a script to do this because you will need to grab the postid of the second post and then replace it as the firstpostid in the thread table.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

That is what i want to avoid.

A user leaves and wants his posts to be removed. We want to do this but the threads that he had started stay untouched.

Comment

Then tell them you won't delete their posts? Many forums refuse to delete accounts (vbulletin.org being one) or refuse to delete posts.

Comment

Give the user permission to edit (not delete) their own posts and let them worry about editing 1500 posts.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X