Change text on main forum page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change text on main forum page

Hi everyone. I'm trying to figure out how to change or eliminate the text circled in the attached picture. Ideally I'd like to add a long description where it says "Welcome to the Check Twice For Motorcycles." Check Twice For Motorcycles is the forum name and even when I delete it from admin control panel/ options/ site name/ URL / contact details, the forum still says "Welcome to the"

Which part of the circled text are you wanting to change?

One part is your Forum Name you set in Site Name / URL / Contact Details in your vb options, the other part is built off a phrase, which you can find in the phrase manager.

Edit the phrase thru the phrase manager, not thru the template, if you want to eliminate it, then removing the call from the template is fine.
    Last edited by snakes1100; Fri 6 Sep '13, 11:14am.
    Gentoo Geek

Comment

Style & Templates > Style Manager > Your Style > Edit Templates > FORUMHOME

Remove or Edit:

<p id="welcomemessage" class="description">{vb:rawphrase welcome_to_the_x, {vb:raw vboptions.bbtitle}}</p>

Comment

I wanted to change the "Welcome to the" phrase, thanks for the input guys. I used the phrase manager and it work perfect. I'm revamping the website a little so wanted to ad a quick description at the top of the forum home page. I never used the phrase manager before, and now that I have, I can see a lot of little things here and there that I would also change. Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X