user showing in administrators that doesn't exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user showing in administrators that doesn't exist

we deleted a user that was listed in administrators, but it is still listed on view forum leaders

any idea how to correct this?

Clear the system cache.

Comment

still there

Comment

What steps did you take to clear the system cache?
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Are you also positive that the user is not in the administrator usergroup, or another usergroup that has administrator permissions? How does this user still show as an admin.

Comment

i went to maintenance -> clear system cache

if anyone else is having this problem i figured out what it was. it looks like the user was inserted into the database indirectly, not via vbulletin. so the profile didn't display correctly but the user DID still exist. i went into the admin cp and searched for their name (instead of just clicking on their profile) and deleted it from there and it disappeared

thanks

Comment

We had someone show up as an Admin today, too, though he is no longer showing in the Leaders list.

No birthday or IP was associated with the account.

I'm assuming this is related to the exploit discovered earlier today. We've since deleted both the /install and /install_back directories on our system. Nothing looks out of the ordinary. Can vBulletin provide more information about what the exploit allowed? Do we have to worry that our database has been stolen, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by ToddG View Post
                I'm assuming this is related to the exploit discovered earlier today. We've since deleted both the /install and /install_back directories on our system. Nothing looks out of the ordinary. Can vBulletin provide more information about what the exploit allowed? Do we have to worry that our database has been stolen, etc.?
                There was a new exploit discovered today?!?!

Or do you mean the exploit that was discovered a week ago?

Comment

Originally posted by dougdirac View Post
                  There was a new exploit discovered today?!?!

Or do you mean the exploit that was discovered a week ago?
                  I am wondering the same thing.

Comment

It's the same issue but we sent an email about it yesterday.
                    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I had two new members join this week and were showing as administrators, both had no IP addresses in their profiles. Would this be the same exploit? I have renamed the instal dir rather than delete it at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by andie215 View Post
                        I had two new members join this week and were showing as administrators, both had no IP addresses in their profiles. Would this be the same exploit? I have renamed the instal dir rather than delete it at the moment.
                        Then you are leaving your site at risk. The only way to protect yourself is to delete the directory.

----------

The Site Leaders page is cached separately from the System Cache and you can clear it by going to Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options in the AdminCP. Set the cache value for that page to 0. Reload the page in the front-end. Reset the cache value to 180.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Now deleted, thx

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X