HELP! Forum keeps switching me to different users on every page refresh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrdale96 View Post
    I don't think I have a big site. I average about 50-60 members that log in through the day and guests vary if it's a game day or not and I assume 90% are spiders, get a half dozen or so threads per day and average easily under 1,000 posts per day. I run on a VPS offering 768MB RAM guaranteed up to 2GB burstable and 1.2 GHZ Processor and have been told that I need more resources somehow?
    Many customers your size run on Shared Hosting.

Anyway... We have 10s of thousands of customers running on hundreds if not thousands of server configurations. (see we can do it too)

While your problem has existed in the past it was restricted to large hosting providers like AOL back in the days when Dial-up was predominant. We added specific controls for this situation in vBulletin 2 and 3. Those controls still exist in the software. Your issue is due to a server configuration issue. I would suggest they compare your configuration with the other hundreds of setups to get it working. After that, installing Memcache and APC would provide better performance benefits than running two web servers for load balancing. It would be different if all static content was served from NGINX and dynamic content was served from Apache. However that doesn't seem to be the case and that is where the problem arises.

We don't try to pass the buck, we try to resolve issues and there are times when the issues are beyond our control. If we simply wanted to pass the buck, you wouldn't have had 4 different employees posting in your thread.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 19th Oct '11, 1:38pm.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

Anyway... We have 10s of thousands of customers running on hundreds if not thousands of server configurations. (see we can do it too)

While your problem has existed in the past it was restricted to large hosting providers like AOL back in the days when Dial-up was predominant. We added specific controls for this situation in vBulletin 2 and 3. Those controls still exist in the software. Your issue is due to a server configuration issue. I would suggest they compare your configuration with the other hundreds of setups to get it working. After that, installing Memcache and APC would provide better performance benefits than running two web servers for load balancing. It would be different if all static content was served from NGINX and dynamic content was served from Apache. However that doesn't seem to be the case and that is where the problem arises.

We don't try to pass the buck, we try to resolve issues and there are times when the issues are beyond our control. If we simply wanted to pass the buck, you wouldn't have had 4 different employees posting in your thread.
      Thanks, Wayne. I passed on the word, although I feel as if my Host is ignoring me or tired of dealing with me. The last 2 responses that I had posted here were from the "CEO" since my aggrevation through ticket help escalated me to that level

Shared Hosting? According to the server stats and such I was hitting RAM usage up over 600MB and CPU of 50-60% on a 1GHZ. I couldn't imagine Shared Hosting working or at least providing very much wiggle room for growth.
      Pittsburgh Sports Forum | http://www.pghsportsforum.com/forum
      Twitter - @pghsportsforum
      Facebook - www.facebook.com/pghsportsforum

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
        Who is your host out of interest?
        Webhostingbuzz

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

Response I received. I am still having same issues, it's just a matter of getting them to pop up, since they haven't been consistent.

The thing is that memcache is already installed on your VPS. According to the date of "memcache.so" so-library creation, this was done on the 5 of August, 2011. Nginx settings have been double checked and the necessary changes have been made in its configuration to implement the advice from vB technical staff, in particular: "all static content was served from NGINX and dynamic content was served from Apache".

Comment

I ended up resolving this issue by simply going to another host. After more than 24 hours of not getting anything resolved my patience had worn thin. After the switch to a new host, I haven't experienced these problems and me website speed his greatly increased.

Thank you to everyone who had assisted me!

Comment

Good to hear you resolved it.
              Baby, I was born this way

Comment

You may want to fix your 404 errors.

http://www.webpagetest.org/result/111024_DS_1ZHXQ/

Comment

Thanks, Dirt Bike Addict. Strange that those files didn't overwrite when I upgraded to 4.1.7. the only one of those 404's I can't figure out is #8 which is a bunch of .css files located in clientscript. Pulling any of those files out to look at was difficult to read since everything was condensed. Any idea how i can resolved that one? Technically I could open up a new Thread if the Mods yell at me to do so

Comment

A few more speed improvement suggestions would be to put your Follow Us icons into a HTML image map. Adobe Fireworks or Dreamweaver are both great programs to do this with, or you could try something like this. http://www.image-maps.com/ This would eliminate 5 requests.

You could reduce your header image size by over 50%. Saving 25KB.

Check your .htaccess file as it doesn't appear that all your files are caching properly.

If you want to get really aggressive, check out some CDN options.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt Bike Addict View Post
                      A few more speed improvement suggestions would be to put your Follow Us icons into a HTML image map. Adobe Fireworks or Dreamweaver are both great programs to do this with, or you could try something like this. http://www.image-maps.com/ This would eliminate 5 requests.

You could reduce your header image size by over 50%. Saving 25KB.

Check your .htaccess file as it doesn't appear that all your files are caching properly.

If you want to get really aggressive, check out some CDN options.
                      I'll have to do a search around here for the htaccess caching to see if there is something I should use. Thanks. Definitely will look into the HTML image map. Header image is unfortunately a transparent PNG that is optimized as much as I can get it without shrinking it etc... CDN options are something I know nothing about. will have to read into them

Comment

Originally posted by Mrdale96 View Post
                        I'll have to do a search around here for the htaccess caching to see if there is something I should use. Thanks. Definitely will look into the HTML image map. Header image is unfortunately a transparent PNG that is optimized as much as I can get it without shrinking it etc... CDN options are something I know nothing about. will have to read into them
                        PM sent.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X