Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin 4.2.1 Mobile style doesn't display correctly when not logged in after Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] vBulletin 4.2.1 Mobile style doesn't display correctly when not logged in after Upgrade

Hey guys.

I just upgraded to vBulletin 4.2.1 and noticed after the upgrade my mobile style isn't displaying correctly on my iPhone using Chrome or Safari (iOS6). It loads fine for a split second then automatically switches to a messed up style (see attached photo.PNG)

My website is www.deejay.ca

When I am logged in, the site operates normally.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by elementsofdance; Tue 27th Aug '13, 1:59pm.

I am having this exact same problem with mine and it is very frustrating! Can we please get some support regarding this issue? The mobile is the whole reason I went with vBulletin and now it doesn't work! And their responsiveness to answering questions is lacking now that they have moved on to vb5. Your question was asked a week ago and still no answer???? Thinking hard about whether I would ever upgrade to another vb product as a result......
    a

Comment

Have either of you opened a support ticket on the issue?

General troubleshooting: no third party addons, modifications, or customizations running, right?

Comment

Nope. Unless u consider Facebook Connect a third-party add-on but it is integrated into the platform so I am not sure how you could consider it as such (and it doesn't work properly either in IE by the way, but that is a whole separate issue). What is the point of the forum if we have to open a ticket for everything?
        a

Comment

I had the same problem. I found it was caused by the css of the FB Connect button.

Here's how I solved it

1. I created additional.css for my mobile style following the steps here (method 1):
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-4/vbulletin-4-questions-problems-and-troubleshooting/vbulletin-4-quick-tips-and-customizations/384356-vbulletin-mobile-style-css-tips-tricks

2. Added
          a.headericon {
          margin: 0 !important;
          }

Hope this helps someone

Comment