Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] remove posts from search index

Hi,
    I have a couple forums whose posts I'd like to stop showing in the search results.
    In admincp > forums & moderators > forum manager there is a setting 'Index New Posts in Search Engine' which I have set to No, hoping that doing so would exclude this forum's posts from the search results.
    But it didn't work. Posts still display in 'new posts' and if you do a search.

Searching on the internet I found http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=223394
    Here Lynne says
    Code:
    If you have the forum set to not index posts, only NEW posts will not be indexed. It won’t remove old posts from the index.
    Maybe we could to rebuild the search index to remove these posts from the index, but we have 6 million posts in the vb3_searchcore_text table, and it will take the server ages to complete.

Is there a way to just remove the posts directly from the search index, maybe in that table? Or do I need to rebuild the search index?

The right way would be to rebuild the search index.

If you just want to remove results from "New Posts" you can just add &exclude=2,3,4 to the search query where 2,3,4 are forumids of excluded forums.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
      The right way would be to rebuild the search index.

If you just want to remove results from "New Posts" you can just add &exclude=2,3,4 to the search query where 2,3,4 are forumids of excluded forums.
      How/Where could I do this with vBulletin 3.8??
      PNW Moto

Comment

Originally posted by beansbaxter View Post
        How/Where could I do this with vBulletin 3.8??
        Same answers for VB4 and VB3,

Rebuild the Search Index is in Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters

To edit the search query you will need to edit the navbar template, search for "search.php" look at only the entries that include "getnew" in the URL, and add "&exclude=2,3,4" to the end of the URL. There will be several instances in the template.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X