Must Post to Complete Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Must Post to Complete Registration

I want to 'force' new registrations to post in a forum called 'Introduce Yourself' before the registration can be completed. Is this possible?

Hi

This requires customised code. We can't offer official support for customizations, modifications, or for forums running modified code.

You could try asking on http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/ which is the modifications site.

You could get close to what you want by setting the Registered usergroup so it only has permission to post in that one forum, then create a second usergroup with full permissions and create a promotion to that usergroup upon the user reaching one post. You could then show a notice to the Registered usergroup telling them they need to post in that forum.

Not quite the same but pretty close.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

While not exactly what you ask what most people do is this-

1) Make a new usergroup copy based off Registered Users, call it "Promoted Users" or whatever you want

2) Change the permissions for Registered Users to only be able to post in the Introductions Forum

3) Setup a Usergroup Promotion to promote people from Registered Users to Promoted Users after they've made 1 post

Now users will register, but will only be allowed to post in the Introductions Forums.

Note - it can take up to 15 minutes for a usergroup promotion to complete so they will have to wait a few minutes before they get access to the rest of the site.

It is best you setup a notice to display to Registered Users informing them they have to make an Introduction post and wait a few minutes for full access.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X