Joining Public Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Joining Public Groups

What am I missing? I have 4 groups set up to be public and joinable groups. When I go to join said groups, there are none there. Nothing is visible.

Here is what it looks like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vbulletin-groups.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	3722017

Thanks in advance!

The groups you created, are they SOCIAL GROUPS or USER GROUPS? Did you use the "create group" button in there to create group?

Did you checked your permissions in admincp > usergroups > edit > group options

Comment

Hi and thanks for the reply!

They are just standard user groups, not social groups. In the admin CP, they are listed as: Public (Joinable) Custom UsergroupsPublic (Joinable) Custom Usergroups is checked as "Yes" in the group options. Anything else I should be looking for in there?

Thanks again,

Bryan

Comment

The picture you posted was of "Social Groups" (Yes I know it's simply called "Groups" on the menu) but those are different than public usergroups.

To join a public usergroup the user goes to Settings -> My Settings -> Permissions Groups.

Comment

Hmmmmm. Sure enough...there they are. That is IMMENSELY confusing, by the way. I understand that social groups are on the other page, but perhaps it should have both?

In any event, all is well now. Thanks a bunch you guys for the tips. Much appreciated for sure. Never would have found it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X