Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabled the reply function in one of my forums. How to set a different warning text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabled the reply function in one of my forums. How to set a different warning text?

Hi all, due to the load of moderation work we had to do we decided to disable the reply function in our sales corners (http://forums.watchuseek.com) and informed our members about it to contact the seller by private messaging instead.

Unfortunately not every one reads the sticky thread or the sales corner rules .. so I have to explain way to many times. Thing is that the member who doesn't know gets to see an error message (see attached) in which he is told he doesn't have the rights to post or there is something else wrong with his account and he should contact the admin.

How can I change this standard warning to something that makes it more clear?

Your help is appreciated!!

You can edit that phrase but it is a global phrase and will affect the change everywhere. Not sure how you disabled it. If turned off properly for the usergroups in question, they wouldn't even see a reply button to click on it.

To turn it off globally set the forum to closed in the Forum Manager by editing it.

To turn it off per usergroup (e.g. you want your sales people to be able to post) go to Forum Permissions and remove the posting permissions for the groups that shouldn't post there.

Following either of these two methods would prevent the button from showing at all in a default style.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Dear Wayne, thank you for your reply. I'm still looking for a simple solution of this problem. Point is that it is possible to disable the reply function as shown in the attached image. Problem is that the result is that the member gets to see the warning as if there is something wrong with his account. I was thinking that if it is possible to disable the reply function for a single forum, the member would get a warning like "sorry, the forum owner disabled the reply function for this forum"?
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X