Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Changing AdminCP/ModCP names affect Site Upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Does Changing AdminCP/ModCP names affect Site Upgrades?

I saw a recommendation to rename the locations of /admincp/ and /modcp/ for increased security.

My question is, if doing that, does it then have an effect on any future site upgrades? Is the updater clever enough to spot such or do things have to be tidied/updated manually if /admincp/ and /modcp/ names are changed?

Cheers!

As far as i know when u upgrade you have to change the names back to original or else u will get errors. It won't automatically detect them.

Comment

Originally posted by K!nG View Post
      As far as i know when u upgrade you have to change the names back to original or else u will get errors. It won't automatically detect them.
      This and if your add-ons have files that must be put in admincp or modcp, you need to make sure they go in to the new renamed respective folder.

No other side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by K!nG View Post
        You don't need to change the new directory names back to the originals, you just need ned to remember to rename those directories on your side before uploading the upgrade.

Comment

Working...
        X