Merging templates at upgrade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Merging templates at upgrade question

I need to upgrade the 4.1.5 board to 4.1.7 and altough I've made some upgrades in my life for vbulletin I still have some stuff to clear up and maybe you guys can clarify them for me, I'll be grateful.

I know how the Merge option works but is it worth merging the templates at upgrade or should I edit and make the changes manually myself? I'm asking this question because I need to be sure that the merging keeps my customizations AND adds the updated stuff. My board is styled for 4.1.5 and I've seen in the release notes that 4.1.7 comes with many style changes..so that makes me wonder.

Thank you!
    SWTOR Forums | Software Forums

You need to let the merge process during upgrade complete in order to finish the actual upgrade. If the system cannot automatically merge templates due to drastic changes it will tell you. These are the templates listed in the Updated Templates page.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

so basicly what you're saying is that if the Merge option appears, I need to merge it, instead of taking it edit manually to play safe right?

Comment

Originally posted by vexxy View Post
        so basicly what you're saying is that if the Merge option appears, I need to merge it, instead of taking it edit manually to play safe right?
        I said you need to let the merge process complete during the upgrade. During the upgrade script, it shouldn't give an option as far as I am aware. After the upgrade when you're in the AdminCP, then you can handle it manually if you wish.

Wayne Luke

Comment

ah ok, thank you and sorry for the confusion

Comment

Is there any way to reinitialize this template merging procedure? I think I messed up when manually editing the files, the user CP and private messages pages no longer load!

Comment

Originally posted by micro image View Post
              Is there any way to reinitialize this template merging procedure? I think I messed up when manually editing the files, the user CP and private messages pages no longer load!
              Reupload the default files, then run the upgrade.php script again.

In the future please open your own thread for specific issues.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X