Uploading image problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Uploading image problems

Hi, I recently moved vb4.2.1 to a new domain as per the instructions given elsewhere on this forum.

Everything seems to work except when someone tries to upload an image it goes through the process but then stops at the end of the upload, it shows an "!" and when you click on that it says;

500 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"

I have also noticed that when I go to the admincp > Maintenance > General update tools > Rebuild attachment thumbnails, it says "error attachment missing"

Any help would be appreciated.

Do you store the attachments in the file system and if yes, do the folders have the correct read/write permissions for the correct user?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Sorry I meant to put that information in my post. Yes stored in file system. I'm not sure what the default is be I just checked the attachment folder and it's saying 744 for all the files in that folder.
      Oh and thanks for replying Hartmut...I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure it out.

Comment

755 would be the correct permissions.

Comment

thanks I'll change them to 755 and get back to you.

Comment

OK.

Comment

Hartmut, I changed the attachment folder to 755 and it still didn't work, so I tried 777 and again it wouldn't work either. So then I tried to move the files to the database and it said it moved all the files OK. Then when I tried to move the files back to the file system I got this error:

We attempted to write a test file to /home*/qnpn****/public_html/attachments, but we were unsuccessful. Please verify that the web server has write/delete permissions for this path.

So I went back and checked the folder permissions for the attachment folder and it is still 777

Comment

Hartmut, when I try to upload an image it won't complete; it gives me this error;

500 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]

Any idea what's going on?

Comment

I suppose you also moved to another server, right? Do the attachments work in the database now? It seems that the owner of the folder on your server is different and that's why it gives an error message. I would say you create a new folder, gibe it the correct read/write permissions and then try again with that one. Or you need to check the owner of the existing folder and make it the same as for the rest with e.g. the chown command on console.

Comment

All working now thanks

Comment