Mobile style front page blank again after upgrade to 4.1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Mobile style front page blank again after upgrade to 4.1.7

Home page was working in mobile version after submitting a tech support ticket.

Upgraded to 4.1.7 today and again getting a blank home page in the mobile style. LPage loads very slowly and then seems to time out. It does show the correct page title and favicon but everything else is blank.

The mobile style does display correctly if I load it on my desktop.
    Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
    Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

You must make sure to install the mobile style yourself - it doesn't get installed via the upgrade. Instructions are here - Installing the vBulletin Mobile Style

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

i also facing the sane problem please tell me how can i do that....please vbulletin staff help me.......thanks

Comment

See Lynne's post above.

Comment

You have to re-install the mobile style just as you did before the upgrade. Any and all changes you made to the mobile style are now gone and you have to make all changes all over again. The hassles of upgrading this software. I remember when it was easy to upgrade vBulletin. Not so much anymore.
          My statements are based on the forums not the CMS as I do not and will not use it.
          If I wanted faulty software I would code it my self. When I pay I expect to get what is advertised. I do not feel I got what I paid for.
          In an honest opinion I feel I paid for vB 5.0 beta 7

Comment

I have blank pages too, installed the mobile style the first time after the upgrade to 4.1.7. And yes I followed every step of the instructions.

Comment

After further investigation, it appears that what was happening for me was that loading the forum index page was timing out and that's why I was seeing the blank page. Every now and then it would actually load but most of the time just a blank page with the correct page title and favicon.

I think (*hoping*) that the solution for me was to switch from loading the YUI files from Yahoo or Google to "None", i.e., loading from my server (Admin CP >> Settings >> Options >> Server Settings and Optimization Options >>Use Remote YUI).

Comment

i also reinstalled the mobile style but blank page displayed..........no one still guide us what is the problem...i follow all steps but do not fix it.........please someone help me.

Comment

See my post above yours. That fixed the issue for me.

Comment

Originally posted by djbaxter View Post
                    See my post above yours. That fixed the issue for me.
                    But not for me.

Comment

when i disabled all my addons mobile style work..how can i find which addon conflict with this....thanks

Comment

After further investigation, it appears that what was happening for me was that loading the forum index page was timing out and that's why I was seeing the blank page. Every now and then it would actually load but most of the time just a blank page with the correct page title and favicon.

I think (*hoping*) that the solution for me was to switch from loading the YUI files from Yahoo or Google to "None", i.e., loading from my server (Admin CP >> Settings >> Options >> Server Settings and Optimization Options >>Use Remote YUI).
                        it is not work for me.......

Comment

Originally posted by M.Iftikhar View Post
                          when i disabled all my addons mobile style work..how can i find which addon conflict with this....thanks
                          Disable all in the acp and enable them again one by one. Or disable them one by one.

Comment

I spoke too soon.

That worked when I was viewing as a guest. As soon as I logged in, I'm back to the blank page on the forum index again.

Comment

Do you have project tools installed?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X