No announcement yet.

Forum Subscriptions - Do child forums (sub-forums) inherit the subscriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Forum Subscriptions - Do child forums (sub-forums) inherit the subscriptions

I'm trying to verify if sub-forums inherit subscriptions from their parent forum. I didn't think they did based on my testing and review of the vb_subscribeforum table data, but when I read the official FAQ under FAQ - Board FAQ - Setting & Profile Features - Subscriptions it says that subscriptions are inherited. (This is what the FAQ says)
    How do I subscribe to a thread or forum?

To subscribe to a forum, click the 'Forum Tools' link above the list of threads then select 'Subscribe to Forum'. You will then have the option to choose the subscription mode for this forum. If the forum that you are subscribing to has any child forums (forums within a forum) then your subscription will be extended to these automatically.

I'd appreciate any response confirming if the FAQ is correct or not.

Thanks
    Last edited by jrh369; Fri 7 Oct '11, 3:07am.

Can anyone confirm if the FAQ is correct or is this a bug and the subscriptions are supposed to be inherited but it just is not working correctly since version 4 was released?
    Could this be related to the Green Check icon bug which has not been fixed for almost 2 years which shows you subscribed to all folders when you are not.
    *See http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8931

This is very frustrating to our users who came from a discussion community where things worked logically.

Comment

That bug only relates to the way the subscribe/unsubscribe images are being shown, not to the functionality. Subscriptions should be inherited as far as I know so if this isn't working, feel free to raise a Bug report for this.
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Thanks for your response Trevor. I will do more testing and follow up if necessary. Regarding issue VBIV-8931 I am having trouble confirming if this is scheduled to be fixed in 4.1.8 or not. When I review "ALL" the last entry seems to indicate this is fixed in 4.1.8 [ 10392 ] but when is click on the link in your signature block to see the list of fixes in 4.1.8 I can't find this one listed anywhere.

Comment

thank you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X