No announcement yet.

CMS Widget displayed in pop up window.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMS Widget displayed in pop up window.

Hi guys, I've taken on a little project that has taught me quite a lot so far but now I'm a little stuck.
    I've written a php direct exec widget and have it displayed on my CMS.
    It simply takes all the mp3 file names from a given folder on the server and lists them as the $output.
    I then use the yahoo player to turn them into links.
    This is all done and working.

What I'd like to do is to replace the widget with a link on my CMS that then shows this output in a pop up window.
    The image below is what it look like so far on my CMS.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-10-04 at 08.24.46.png
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	3721940

So, I've made a custom template and created the link to show the template page as a pop up, this is shown below.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-10-04 at 08.29.28.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	3721941

So basically what I'm asking is, how do I move the output from the widget so that its displayed in my pop up window.

I hope I've explained myself adequately.
    Thanks for your time.

Let me see if I get this right..
    you currently have a normal cms with a custom php widget that looks like that^^

you want some link (not sure where) which upon clicking, opens the widget in a popup?

Comment

Yes exactly. I will make a widget that simply contains the link on my CMS. As you say, I want the link to open a popup which contains a custom template page showing the widget.

Comment

You would need to work on this at www.vbulletin.org. It goes well beyond what is covered under support.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

making a page (popup is irrelevant here) which contains a widget but no header/footer etc will be pretty complicated. The best advice I can give to you is to make a standalone php file that mimics the look of vb widget borders and open that as a popup. For more help, what wayne said.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X