Branding free license & Mods - Update from 4.1.2 to 4.1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Branding free license & Mods - Update from 4.1.2 to 4.1.6

Are mod developers allowed to place their own links in the footer if the vB installation is branding-free? I guess it makes sense not to place any links on a branding-free edition - because that's what it was paid for.

2. Can we directly upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.1.6 or do we have to go through each incremental update? How does it alert us to hacks made to templates in during the update process? Does it overwrite our changes?

TIA

1. You purchased a branding free license from vbulletin, not the modification creator. You do have the option to not install the modification if it puts a link in the footer. Or, to create the modification yourself and not put a link in the footer.

2. Just upload the 4.1.6 files and run the install/upgrade.php script. It will do all the necessarily upgrading for you. Upgrading vBulletin

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

You will have to ask the modification creator. Most of them provide branding free version in exchange of additional payment.

Comment

Thanks! We are OK with paying for a branding-free version. However, the problem comes when the developer does not charge or does not offer a paid version but places links in the footer.

Comment

That would be an issue to approach the developer with. It's not something vbulletin can or will control.

Most developers will remove it for a donation of some type. Others only want their name there and won't remove it.
          www.cdmagurus.com
          www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment

Originally posted by screenmates View Post
            Thanks! We are OK with paying for a branding-free version. However, the problem comes when the developer does not charge or does not offer a paid version but places links in the footer.
            Try contacting the developer through a pm and explain the issue. Nothing we can do about it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X