• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Content Encoding Error

Dear All,

My Vb version is 4.0.8

I am getting this error sometimes when i try to login into forum

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
    After that when i login into control panel and disable Gzip compression i am getting this following error

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to ssl://:25 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known) in [path]/includes/class_mail.php on line 743
    I have my gzip compression level at 1

After disabling the zip compression and trying to login & getting above error able to login after several attempts without error.

I am not running Mod_gzip or Mod_deflate in my server

I have been using gzip compressing right from beginning of the Forum and was not getting errors.

Kindly advise.

Thanks

Those are both server issues. Have you talked to your host about them? Could they have changed something on the server lately?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      Those are both server issues. Have you talked to your host about them? Could they have changed something on the server lately?
      Thanks for your prompt reply, let me contact hosting and solve the problem.

Thanks
      Anush

Comment