Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can users determine their user ID?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] How can users determine their user ID?

    I want to have a contest for the most referrals, but with 4.x I am not certain how readers are supposed to determine their user IDs since the referrer doesn't work off of user names (this sure would make things simpler!) and everything has friendly URLs now. Please advise!

  • #2
    Even with basic or advanced friendly URLs there is still a number in the URL to their member profile page. That number is their userid.

    However when someone is registering they can enter a username of the referrer.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
      Even with basic or advanced friendly URLs there is still a number in the URL to their member profile page. That number is their userid.

      However when someone is registering they can enter a username of the referrer.
      No there isn't. Where is the userid of this user? http://www.myfavoritereality.tv/forum/members/alec.html

      e
      dit - I do have VBseo so maybe that's why there is no id number.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pirate4x4lance View Post
        No there isn't. Where is the userid of this user? http://www.myfavoritereality.tv/forum/members/alec.html

        e
        dit - I do have VBseo so maybe that's why there is no id number.
        Yep.. vBSEO is hiding it.

        Should be shown in the contact area as well.
        Code:
                <dl class="blockrow stats">
                    <dt>{vb:rawphrase this_page}</dt>
                    <dd> <a href="{vb:raw prepared.profileurl}">{vb:raw prepared.profileurl}</a></dd>
                </dl>
        Look at my page and click on the About Me and scroll down to contact. You should see:

        This page: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/memb...868-Wayne-Luke

        That would contain the UserID
        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

        Comment


        • #5
          You could add their userid to the postbit area I suppose by editing your postbit template and adding the code: Userid: {vb:raw post.userid}. ​You would need to put it in some appropriate HTML to make it look right- that type of change would be best discussed at vbulletin.org.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
            You could add their userid to the postbit area I suppose by editing your postbit template and adding the code: Userid: {vb:raw post.userid}. ​You would need to put it in some appropriate HTML to make it look right- that type of change would be best discussed at vbulletin.org.
            Good idea. I added <div class="post_field"><dt>Member</dt> <dd> {vb:raw post.userid}</dd></div> for a nice clean usernumber in the postbit. Thanks for the idea.

            Comment

            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X