Cookie parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Cookie parts

I am developing a new section to my site and want to take advantage of the cookie that vB is creating. The site will be developed in Cold Fusion which is capable of reading the cookie, but I don't understand it (the cookie) very well. My concerns are around security. I presume it is fairly easy to edit the cookie so simply using the userid won't be enough.

The parts I see listed are:
    lastvisit
    lastactivity
    userid
    password
    fbaccesstoken
    fbprofilepicurl

The password doesn't match what is in the db. Aside from the userid is there another part to the cookie that I look up in the db to compare to the users cookie to authenticate them?

Thanks

<edit>I'm not superstitious (much), but this was my 666th post. </edit>
    Cliff
    PathLabTalk
    Square Wheels Cycling

Anyone?

Just to clarify, I am not asking for custom code. I just want to know what the different cookie parts are. I'd like to read the users cookie and authenticate against the vB db, but I can only see 1 item that is actually in the db and that's the userid. The password in the cookie is completely different than the password in the db.

Thanks
    Cliff
    PathLabTalk
    Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

OK, so I've done a lot more searching here and at .org, and I was very naive in how I presumed the cookie password was stored. Clearly it does not match what is in the db.

What is the format of the cookie password?
      Cliff
      PathLabTalk
      Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X