Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    Originally posted by ablaye View Post
    Is there any way to do this or at least prevent the nonsense text that is copied there by default?
    In answer to your question: probably not. Unless your coding skills are up to it.

Leave a comment:

• ablaye
    replied
    I appreciate your answer nakedanvil but it does not answer my question.

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    Usually if you click in meta tags after typing the title, it will fill it in with the title. Otherwise create your own meta tags.

Leave a comment:

• ablaye
    replied
    Can anyone help with this?

Leave a comment:

• ablaye
    started a topic [CMS] Meta description in article

Meta description in article

When I post an article in the CMS and I don't update meta description field, the meta description field ends up with some random words from the article.
    For example, if you take a look at the HTML source code of http://www.ndakaru.com/content/264-N...dhafi-en-Libye you can clearly see that the meta description has some words in it. I didn't put those words there and I don't like the random words that were included there.

I don't want to have to write everything in the meta description field when I post articles. I would like the meta description, instead of filling up with random words taken from the article, to have the first few sentences of the article.

Is there any way to do this or at least prevent the nonsense text that is copied there by default?

Thanks