Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uploading jpg file size issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Uploading jpg file size issue

    Hello,

    When I upload a jpg under 100KB it works. When I try to upload one larger I get an error. The error is: 500 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038".

    I have changed the file size limit in admincp attachment manager to 1600000. I have checked attachment permissions, forum permissions, usergroup permissions, user permissions. I have also checked options settings image settings, user picture options, message attachment options. I have tried all options with the asset manager. When I turn off the asset manager and upload an image I get no error but it doesn't upload the image.

    I have tried adding the below code to .htaccess and placed it in root directory
    php_flag post_max_size
    15M php_flag upload_max_filesize 15M

    I have tried adding the below code to php.ini and placed it in the root directory and the etc directory
    upload_max_filesize = 10M
    post_max_size=15M

    I have spent hours researching this online trying every suggestion available. My hosting provider (who is great and very helpful) has tried helping with no success.

    I am running vBulletin 4.1.5 Patch Level 1.

    phpinfo settings
    max_file_uploads 20 20

    post_max_size 8M 8M

    upload_max_filesize 2M 2M

    ***edit***
    The jpg size I want to upload is 180KB to a maximum of 1.6MB


    Please help.

    Corey

  • #2
    Have you tried to alter the storage to file-system instead of keeping it in the database, maybe MySQL has some issues with large file sizes in the table.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by we_are_borg View Post
      Have you tried to alter the storage to file-system instead of keeping it in the database, maybe MySQL has some issues with large file sizes in the table.
      Sorry forgot to mention, yes all attachments and images stored in file system already

      Comment


      • #4
        AdminCP => Attachment Manager => jpg => edit

        Max Filesize(in bytes) = 1700000 (~ 1.6MB)

        (Note: 1KB = 1024 Bytes; 1MB = 1024 KB)
        VinaTrading Inc.

        Comment


        • #5
          Did you even read my post? One of the first things I tried.

          Originally posted by VinaTrading View Post
          AdminCP => Attachment Manager => jpg => edit

          Max Filesize(in bytes) = 1700000 (~ 1.6MB)

          (Note: 1KB = 1024 Bytes; 1MB = 1024 KB)

          Comment


          • #6
            craist-

            Are you using the Asset Manager or the Standard Attachment Manager?

            I assume you're using the Asset Manager which is know to be buggy and difficult to use. I suggest you try the Standard Attachment Manager and see if that works.

            Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Asset Manager - No

            Comment


            • #7
              Like I said in the original post "I have tried all options with the asset manager"

              Originally posted by Andy View Post
              craist-

              Are you using the Asset Manager or the Standard Attachment Manager?

              I assume you're using the Asset Manager which is know to be buggy and difficult to use. I suggest you try the Standard Attachment Manager and see if that works.

              Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Asset Manager - No

              Comment


              • #8
                Check for Suspect File Versions

                Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

                Next, disable all plugins. Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php:

                define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

                Comment

                Related Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X