Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.1.6 Mobile Style - Many Issues (home page blank)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] 4.1.6 Mobile Style - Many Issues (home page blank)

Wow - maybe I missed something crucial?

The mobile style is almost impossible to use, slow even on wifi, and filled with bugs. There are no instructions in the readme, upgrade, or this thread (that I found) for installation of the mobile style (it's not even mentioned in the install info that it's there). I found an old thread for 4.1.2 that said to import the vbulletin-mobile-style.xml from the install folder, and did that (though there's also a mobile-style-cms and mobile-style-blog?). Here's my issues:
    1. No stylevar (that I can see) to change body bg color (we don't use white on ours). Seems it's set in the js (.ui-body-d from the jquery css)?
    2. CMS Articles do not show up at all. (see below or here).
    3. There is no menu at all that I see (I can click that little grid icon to go to the homepage, but no way to get back to forums from there?)
    4. Log out button is crammed to the right and comes down over the icons.
    5. I won't even go into the forums...
    Please tell me I just missed some important step...

My Blog | ModMyi.com | ModMyMobile.com

You imported the new vbulletin-mobile-XXXXX.xml style containers? They all got imported into a single style on your system?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

No, I could not find any instructions anywhere. All I found was an old thread about 4.1.2 which said to import the vbulletin-mobile-style.xml file, which I did.

Is there more accurate instructions anywhere? The readme for the 4.1.6 upgrade (which is only for mobile style if I understand correctly) states nothing about importing the mobile style - maybe a mistake on the upgrade readme writer's fault?

Comment

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/styles_mobile

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...l-Mobile-Style

Wayne Luke

Comment

Gotcha - for what it's worth, https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...l-Mobile-Style is incorrect. It still states to only import the mobile style, although a comment down the page asks if they should also be importing the others and merging. I will do that now.

Comment

When the video was made, we didn't support the Blog or CMS in the mobile style. Once we get a new social media intern, it can be updated.

Wayne Luke

Comment

At least the text.

Comment

Can you help? What is the problem here: http://veteran.forum.hu/?styleid=10

Three files were imported into the referenced style. What should I do?

JS Error (in Chrome):

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	3685366

I just imported style, but not upgraded VB.

After upgrade (and new mobile style installed) no js error, but forum home is blnak.

http://veteran.forum.hu/forum.php?styleid=11
                Last edited by TZ.; Thu 15th Sep '11, 5:15am.

Comment

To troubleshoot this, first download a fresh copy of the vBulletin ZIP file from the Members Area then reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

As you use vBSEO, you will also need to disable this via it's own Control Panel and rename any relevant .htaccess files to ensure they're not being called.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
                  Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                  -
                  *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                  - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
                  - "Quick Route" Interface...
                  - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
                    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
                    Thank you!

One plugin is to blame.
                    I'll try to filter out one by one.

Comment

Alright, re-imported the 3 styles as one.

Still the grid menu doesn't work, and on the homepage and forums both the navbar is empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
                        Alright, re-imported the 3 styles as one.

Still the grid menu doesn't work, and on the homepage and forums both the navbar is empty.
                        Have you set the mobile style in the settings? Grid won't work until then.

Still can't figure how to get the CMS styling to work... blog does, forum does, cms doesn't.

Comment

If you have ticket support, you'd have to open tickets about these issues. We wouldn't be able to resolve them by looking at the output.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X