404 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] 404 error

I recently migrated my site onto a new server and now some links work but none of the links to forum posts work. only the links in the cms seem to work. I get this error message. This also happens when i create a thread
    ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND
    Oops! Looks like the page you're looking for was moved or never existed.
    Make sure you typed the correct URL or followed a valid link.
    Last edited by blacura; Sat 18 May '13, 5:53pm.

Please make sure that you've moved all vBulletin files. 404 error means file not found/uploaded

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

I still get the same error

Comment

To troubleshoot this, first download a fresh copy of the vBulletin ZIP file from the Members Area then reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php:
        PHP Code:
        define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
        Do you still have the problem ? if so Please fill out a support ticket at: http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php
        Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X