which part of showthread variable do i use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] which part of showthread variable do i use

Trying to make a basic popup window but i am lost which part to add into the below line of code to make the first post appear in popup.

Code:
    <a onclick="basicPopup(this.href);return false" href="['gotonewpost']">Open</a>

Not trying to alter as such VB or custom it just add simple text "more" below thread title so when they click a popup appears with the contents of the thread or just first post. As you can imagine i am not a natural coder but like to give things ago an appreciate any help or pointers. Pretty sure i am nowhere near with above but hey am trying....lol

This is going to depend on where you're trying to do it. If it's in the threadbit templates then really the only easy option is to display the preview text: {vb:raw thread.preview} usually.

Beyond that you need a query because the data you need isn't available in the threadbit templates.

This is outside the scope of the support we can provide here so www.vbulletin.org is the best place.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X