• Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    FYI: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/...s:all-tabpanel

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    It looks like there might be a bug with the template logic for generating time based ads.

Leave a comment:

• x YNWA x
    replied
    I have just thought about this and it should do what it says? Should it not?

It says:

"Display this ad if"

Then I put the time in "the time is between"

So then if it is NOT between those times, the advert should not display? Unless I am reading it wrong or it has some bugs in it.

Example:

You setup advert 1 to display between 1pm and 2pm and advert 2 to display between 3pm and 4pm. They should not appear together because you have asked them to be displayed at different times of the day.

I use affiliate advert banners, so do not want to be restricted to just one. My site root is a wordpress blog and there is a plugin for that to rotate the banners which works fine. But the inbuilt system for vBulletin does not work as it says it should. Maybe the wording is incorrect and the criteria mean nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You should use an ad solution to give you the actual ad output, and use the ad system to control who and where they're shown.

Leave a comment:

• x YNWA x
    replied
    Oh Ok

So what is the point having exclusions etc on there? Are there any ad management solutions out there or am I stuck with having 1 advert?

Thanks for the reply.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    That is normal. The advertising system only inserts code. Its not intended to be a replacement for a proper ad management solution. Only an easy way to get your ads into the software.

Leave a comment:

• x YNWA x
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Do you have any other conditions set for the advertising?
    Hi
    We have a condition that shows the advert to ALL users except from VIP usergroup. But should that stop this working? Also UTC timezone is that based on GMT?

Because I would like to so that we have adverts for the people in the UK during our user hours and then say at 1am its mostly people from the USA on the site we wanted to put some USA based adverts. Along with adding a lot of adverts during the day which change every hour or so.

But basically if I put them all on, they all end up together on their own line and its a big block of adverts line by line...

Thanks

Nick

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Do you have any other conditions set for the advertising?

Leave a comment:

• x YNWA x
    started a topic [Forum] Problem with the inbuilt advertising system

Problem with the inbuilt advertising system

Hi
    I have a problem with the inbuilt advertising system.

I want to use the time features of it. So that I can display adverts at certain times but if for example I set it to this:

Advert 1 Set to appear between 9am and 5pm UTC

Advert 2 Set to Appear between 5:01PM and 8:59am UTC

The adverts then display together at the same time on the page, even though they have different timings. I have tried other timings but to no avail. I wanted to mix it up and change it so that I have 10 adverts which are displayed at only times I have setup, but if it is not working I cannot do that. I do not want to plaster the site with adverts so would really like to use this feature.

Please help

Thanks