Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exporting a style and then importing it does not carry over template customizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Exporting a style and then importing it does not carry over template customizations

I'm running vB 4.2.0 PL3 and have a style which I've modified quite a bit. The style has no parent style.

When I export the style and then import it back under a new name, a lot of the templates for different plugins are imported back in their default state and not in the modified state they are in on the original style.

How can I make it so that when I export a style, I export all of the templates that I see in that style's "Edit Templates" section with all their customizations?

I have tried selecting "Get customizations made in this style and all parent styles" as well as "Get customizations made only in this style" and neither one seems to be exporting the templates that have been added by products/plugins and have been customized by me.

If I am trying to replicate Style #1 to Style #2 so that I can work on making changes, is there a way I could just copy the style via a SQL query so that I would have a 100% exact duplicate?

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.
    Location Import Error Fix For Facebook Connect Users

Do you mean templates for plugins from modifications?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

When you download a style you have to choose a product from the drop down menu. By default it's the main vBulletin product, but if you have multiple products you need to download xmls for each to get the complete style.

Comment

Thanks Joe. You da man.
        Location Import Error Fix For Facebook Connect Users

Comment