Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anders P
    replied
    I am by no means an expert on this, but wouldn't the collation you use for your database have some effect on this?
    If your database are in utf8 I would go with that as the charset in the language setting, and just live with the old posts having strange characters. It would probably be easy to edit those to be correct (if not extremly many).
    Anyway, main point I try to make is that I think you should use the same encoding of the database as you have set as charset in the language setting.

/Anders

Leave a comment:

• DNCL
    replied
    For me those characters after thread submit turns into unreadable characters, what charset used here?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Russian characters

Chinese characters

Leave a comment:

• DNCL
    replied
    Maybe for Arabic but sure not Russian and Chinese.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    We do not use UTF8 here and those languages work fine here.

Leave a comment:

• DNCL
    replied
    Russian, Chinese and Arabic.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    why do you need UTF8?

Leave a comment:

• DNCL
    replied
    My issue is not in new threads, just in existing ones, and once i revert to ISO, they all look fine but i need utf-8 now.
    And those suggestions did nothing too.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Have you seen this thread - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...hings-To-Check

Leave a comment:

• DNCL
    replied
    hehe, sorry i thought you asked if i sit the charset thing in that place, i've stated in the first post what i have in there exactly.
    ISO-8859-1 before and utf-8 after.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Huh? I was asking what you have set there and you didn't answer that question.

Leave a comment:

• DNCL
    replied
    Yes, exactly.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    What do you have set in Language Manager > select language to Edit Settings > HTML Character Set ?

Leave a comment:

• DNCL
    replied
    I don't think it's a database problem, because when i set the charset back to ISO-8859-1, everything looks good, a switch back to utf-8 again will cause the same issue, it's vbulletin/language issue i guess.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Find an old post with this problem in the database -has the ' been replaced in the post text?

Leave a comment: