Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GamerPerfection
    replied
    It's ok, I found the reason why here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...t-tab-in-4-2-0

Leave a comment:

• GamerPerfection
    replied
    I have made a tab called Home and linked it to 'gp.php' and set it as default but the website still goes to the forum? I'm using 4.2.0 PL3.

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    If you're on 4.2.0 or higher just go to Admin CP -> Settings -> Navigation Manager, make gp.php a tab, and then make it the default tab.

Leave a comment:

• GamerPerfection
    replied
    Yes but the custom index.php file I have in root would not link to my templates would it, because it is outside of the forum directory?

Leave a comment:

• Hartmut
    replied
    When you move the forum to a subdomain or to another folder, you need to change AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.

When you move the forum, you can call the file on root whatever you want. Then you can also link to either index.php or forum.php, it's on you then.

Leave a comment:

• GamerPerfection
    replied
    Well I don't actually want the forum in the root directory anymore (for various reasons). What I was considering as an option is putting the forum on a subdomain such as forums.gamerperfection.com.

I just did a test and I moved the whole forum in to /forum/ directory and it seemed to work ok. But if I do that, what I want to do is have a custom php index page in the root. But if I create the custom page and link it to a template I don't think the index page would work because it's outside of the vb forum directory?

Basically, this is what i'm looking for:

Option 1
    index.php (custom page in root, but linked to template)
    /forum/forum.php (forums in forum directory)

Option 2
    index.php (custom page in root but linked to template)
    forum.gamerperfection.com (forums in subdomain)

Leave a comment:

• Hartmut
    replied
    I don't know if I understood you correct, but you can keep the forum files like they are and simply redirect with gp.php to the forum; or maybe there are even settings for your web host what can do this. In general you should not use a specific file for this like like that. If you want to have the forum being the default page, then you don't need gp.php.

Leave a comment:

• GamerPerfection
    replied
    In fact, what about this, if I move the forum in to a directory called 'forums' and then rename the gp.php to index.php that would make the homepage be the new page. But what would I need to do to the forum when I move it to a new folder in order for it not to break?

Leave a comment:

• GamerPerfection
    started a topic [CMS] Custom Homepage

Custom Homepage

I've created my own page here: http://www.gamerperfection.com/gp.php

What I would like to do is make the gp.php page my homepage for the site. Currently the forum is the homepage. How can I change the homepage to a specific custom page? I've looked in the settings but can't quite find what I need to do?