Stop Certain Forum From Showing Up in Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Certain Forum From Showing Up in Search

Hello, for some reason I "think" I disabled a certain forum from showing up in search results but every time I perform a search this certain forum still shows up. This is the option I checked "No" on.

Index New Posts in Search Engine (Setting this to 'No' will prevent anyone from being able to search in this forum) - No

I even rebuilt my search engine under maintenace but still shows up. Is there something else I have to do to prevent this forum from showing up in search results? Thanks.

Is the forum hidden or private?

If yes, you can also use this in the same area as your last setting:

Show Private Forum(Select 'No' here to hide this forum from users who are not allowed to access it. Users who do have permission to access it will have to log in before they can see this forum.
    This option applies to any forum listing, including the Quick Navigation menu, and Search Results.
    Selecting 'Use default' will use the system default as defined in Forum Listings Display Options.)

PS: when you rebuilt your search index, did you first click the link to empty the search index or did you just rebuild on top of the other?
    Last edited by adnedarn; Sun 21st Apr '13, 7:42pm.

Comment

The forums are public but the content in that forum isnt useful with searches. I just rebuilt them. I dont remember emptying anything. Was I suppose to?

Comment

Edit forum permissions :

AdminCP->Forums & Moderators->Forum Manager-> Edit Forum- >Index New Posts in Search Engine->No

Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

As stated I already have that checked to No and they forum still shows up.

Comment

Sorry, You've to empty and rebuild search index
            AdminCP -> Maintenance -> General Update Tools -> Rebuild Search Index
            Empty the search index by click on (Click Here to empty the search index.)

Then Rebuild Search Index ( that will take a long time depend of your forum posts , you should do this in off-peak )

Former vBulletin Support Staff
            Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X