No announcement yet.

By pass duplicate post, is this a bugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By pass duplicate post, is this a bugs?

Hello..

When i use forum in vbulletin.com, i post something, after 1 minute, i post the same thing in the same thread, i got this msg:

This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes.

Buy why in my forum, every can by pass that, no protection at all, the post auto mergered from Paul M auto merger post feature.

Here is the screenshot, 2 posts within 15 second:

Or i miss any configuration?

I'm using 4.2.0, before this upgrade, i'm using 4.1.x, and never had a problem like this.

Thanks

Did you check AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options -> Minimum Time Between Posts yet?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Hello..

Yes.. minimum time between posts is 30 seconds.

I just read about 4.2.1 release logs, said that this is a bug:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15164

is that correct?

Comment

This bug was fixed in 4.2.1.

Comment

Hello..

Anyone can give me a patch for this bug without have to upgrade to 4.2.1 ?

Cause i have lots of custom code that need an adjustment everytime i upgrade my site.

Thank you.

Comment

You should not have problems when you upgrade from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1.
            No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Originally posted by Gripi View Post
              Hello.. Anyone can give me a patch for this bug without have to upgrade to 4.2.1 ? Cause i have lots of custom code that need an adjustment everytime i upgrade my site. Thank you.
              There is no patch. The only way to get the fix is to upgrade to 4.2.1.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hello..

Ok thank you very much.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X