Adding Favicon Icon to Forum categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Adding Favicon Icon to Forum categories

Can anyone help me with the steps needed to add my favicon icon to my forum categories? Sorry if it's a simple step, but i'm at a loss.

Thanks!

A favicon isn't really something that you could change for categories.

Comment

I meant I wanted to add my little icon to forum categories instead of the little quote bubble that comes with a new install. Any idea how I would do this?

Comment

If you want to change the default status icons, just replace the images in images/statusicon such as forum_new-48.png - in this case, it's a forum with new posts and a size of 48 - this is what is displayed normally, but the smaller sizes can be used elsewhere like in the legend. If you want to change it for specific forums only, edit the forum and change the "Prefix for Forum Status Images" option. For example, adding a prefix of "prefix" would make it use the images "prefixforum_new-48.png", etc.

Keep in mind that if you replace the default images, you'll need to make sure not to overwrite them with the defaults again when upgrading vBulletin in the future. You can also simply have it use a non-default folder name by editing your style's StyleVar "imgdir_statusicon" - changing it to a different folder name and renaming the folder itself.

Comment

Those are status icons. The fav icon is the icon that shows in the tab of the browser or next to the bookmark.

To change your status icons per forum, add a image prefix to the forum in the Forum in the forum manager. Then upload the following images to your /images/statusicon directory:

{prefix}forum_new-48.png
          {prefix}forum_old-48.png
          {prefix}forum_new_lock-48.png
          {prefix}forum_old_lock-48.png

The last two are only need if you show lock icons to people without permission to enter the forums. Replace {prefix} with the prefix you entered into the Forum Manager and the system will use the new icons.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X