Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] HELP! Log in (admin included) broken after Server Migration

Hey guys,

Having a really frustrating problem here with my forums. We just moved our whole website, forum included, to a new box due to increased traffic. Everything seemed to transfer fine, but for some reason no one can log into the forum. That includes the admincp area. I tried tools.php but it did not help. I tried reuploading every vbulletin file from the latest available version, still no dice.

As far as I can tell everything is where it should be and everything is configured correctly. Obviously I am missing something, but I am hoping someone else has experienced this before and can share a fix.

Thanks.

Did you change URLs or did you keep the ones from before? Do you get a error message? What does it say?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartmut View Post
      Did you change URLs or did you keep the ones from before? Do you get a error message? What does it say?
      No, the URL structure is exactly the same as it was. There is no error message, after entering you login information you are just redirected back to the forum home page(but you are not logged in). (Interestingly enough, if you enter incorrect information it tells you so)

Comment

In the includes/config.php file do two things-

1) DIsable hooks - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ystem-globally

and

2) Edit the cookie prefix. Default is: bb change it to something else short, like bc

See if it helps, if it does, re-enable hooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
          In the includes/config.php file do two things- 1) DIsable hooks - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ystem-globally and 2) Edit the cookie prefix. Default is: bb change it to something else short, like bc See if it helps, if it does, re-enable hooks.

I tried both, did not fix the problem. Any other thoughts?

Comment

What you could try is running tools.php. Make sure that your /install folder is available and upload tools.php from the 'do_not_upload' folder of the zip package into the admincp folder. Then browse to /admincp/tools.php and enter your customer id. Afterwards you get a bunch of options, there you should update your datastore cache and reset the cookies. When you are done with it, delete your /install folder again together with the tools.php file.

Does that solve the problem?
            No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartmut View Post
              What you could try is running tools.php. Make sure that your /install folder is available and upload tools.php from the 'do_not_upload' folder of the zip package into the admincp folder. Then browse to /admincp/tools.php and enter your customer id. Afterwards you get a bunch of options, there you should update your datastore cache and reset the cookies. When you are done with it, delete your /install folder again together with the tools.php file. Does that solve the problem?
              As I mentioned in the OP I already tried every option in Tools.php and am still having the login problems.

Comment

I have registered at your site (BirdOPrey5) and managed to log in, log out, and log in again without issue.

Please try using a different browser and see if you have the same issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X