Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spucknit
    replied
    I submitted a ticket to which Lynne responded. I know what I did now.

After reading the response to my ticket, i went and changed my forum url from

http://reconcrawlers.com

to

http://reconcrawlers.com/forum

I only tested a few things but so far its working.

Thanks for the help!

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    See this - note the No Parent Style selected:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-09-10 at 10.04.31 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	3685335

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    There is no default style that has no parent. if you look in the tree you have a "default vb" style, but it is a child style.

Leave a comment:

• Spucknit
    replied
    There really only that one option when creating a new template and the "YES" under allow user selection is clearly selected.
    I tested it with each user group, including the login I provided, and its working. Well, not working properly. Im not sure why you cant select it?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    That new style you created, you need to make it user selectable, at the moment it isn't.

Leave a comment:

• Spucknit
    replied
    Thank you for the help guys.

I am aware of the other problems, but one step at time for me. I created another new style with no parent called "no parent". I can change my style in the edit profile>general settings. Even with the new "no parent" style I still have the same problems. Am I not create the new style correctly? It seems quite simple, but I may be overlooking a step or something.

I may not have mentioned that everything was tested and working fine working with this style. I honestly don't know what i may have done to change anything.

I never messed with the code on any styles. I used the style generator on the admincp to get the color I wanted, but that was it. other than the status icons which shouldn't effect anything should they?
    Last edited by Spucknit; Fri 9 Sep '11, 8:30pm.

Leave a comment:

• Digital Jedi
    replied
    Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, it may actually be pretty simple. As I recall, when designing styles, you should never put any additional code below the last line of JavaScript in the footer template. People do this a lot to close out containers that go around the style. But it should always close out before the last JavaScript, not after.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Getting a ton of errors in IE's debug mode:

Error: 'vB_Editor' is undefined
    Error: 'userAgent' is undefined
    Error: Object doesn't support property or method 'set_delimiters'
    Error: 'vBulletin_init' is undefined
    Error: 'switch_id' is undefined

And many others.

I think you've got major problems with the style, and possibly the files as well, but we won't know on the latter until we can get a default style working.

Also your login box doesn't even work, I can only login from the error screen.
    Smilies are frankly the least of your problems here.

Leave a comment:

• Digital Jedi
    replied
    You said you tried a different style and nothing. What did you mean by that? Did you mean you saw no change in the newly created style, or that it worked fine? I'm noticing you can't even switch styles on your forum. Many JavaScript actions don't seem to be working. I think it's related to the way your style has been created.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Spucknit View Post
    www.reconcrawlers.com

username TESTER
    password testtesttest

I will keep this account active for a few days.

Thanks
    First thing I notice, which may be related, is that when you click into your username and password boxes, the default text should disappear. It does't, you have to manually delete it, that's indicative of something being not right in your style.

Secondly, your "default vb" style is a child style of your custom one. That's no good, you need to create one with NO PARENT, so that it uses the default templates.

Thirdly your style chooser doesn't appear to even work, again I reckon that's related, but that can be worked around easily enough.

Please can you correct this second point so that we can see the site in the default style.

Leave a comment:

• Spucknit
    replied
    www.reconcrawlers.com

username TESTER
    password testtesttest

I will keep this account active for a few days.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    A link to the site with a test account might be an idea, might help troubleshoot this. Also make available for selection by that user the default vBulletin style (create a new style with no parent).

Leave a comment:

• Spucknit
    replied
    I over wrote all the files as you have suggested and nothing changed.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Please also be sure to save the /includes/config.php file just in case you accidentally overwrite it or something. It has all the information for talking to the database. You could write one again, but it's easier if you just have a copy.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Gordon
    replied
    Just upload and overwrite, no need to delete the files beforehand. There might be a few seconds of errors when a file is being transferred but it's nothing that'll harm your site in the long term. Sounds like an error with the javascript to me, so it's worth a shot.

Also, do a hard refresh on that page (Ctrl+F5).

Leave a comment: