Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email notifications issue

Hello,
    I've ran into a problem since this morning regarding my forum.
    One of the admin sent a mass pm to all users. She received an error saying that some users were not found (I don't know whether this is relevent or not, but I prefer to give the whole context).
    Anyway, since then the emails regarding the notifications (and only the notifications) stopped working: PM notifications fail, as well as notifications of a new message in a subscribed topic.
    I tried the diagnostic tool in maintenance and it works just fine, I receive the mail. Same goes for registration of new users, the mail are correctly received.
    At first, I thought it had something to do with sendmail being buggy, so I tried several modifications without much success. In the end I decided to switch for postfix. I removed entirely sendmail and installed postfix.
    But the problem remains as it is: the mail function of php seems to work fine, but the notifications aren't sent.
    I have found no message in the log showing that even a message is sent (mail.log, mail.err or even syslog - I checked them all; The messages concerning the diagnostics/registrations do appear though).
    I also tried to use smtp rather than mail(), I modified the configuration to use gmail's smtp: The problem remained identical (diagnostic/registration mail correctly sent but not the notifications).

I tried as well to activate notifications using this method: https://kb.siteground.com/enable_pri...ulletin_users/
    (Though, no settings should have been changed since the problem appeared so I didn't have much hope with this method).

There's definitly something I missed, but so far I didn't manage to understand what's happening exactly.

Other informations that might help:
    Host: OVH (It's a Dedicated)
    Web server: apache 2.2

Thanks

If you haven't tried the options listed here, you should.

Comment

Actually, I did. And nothing worked.
      But I finally managed to find out what was causing the issue.
      In Settings >> Options >> Email Options, there is an Use Mailqueue System option that was set to Yes in my case. I changed it to No, and the notifications worked again.
      Seems like many mails were hold to be sent in batch.

Anyway, now it works

Comment

When emails are getting sended in batches, you can see this at admincp home under 'Number of Queued E-Mails'.
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X