Impex - deleted everything! Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Impex - deleted everything! Please help

I imported a forum I recently purchased to add to the database to the current forum I own. I merged them together and was going to forward the old domain. Anyway, when I did some of my forums, categories, and posts were deleted along with user information.

When I go into the database and see the forum table and thread table everything is there. I cannot restore it for some reason.

It is not in the actual site or admin but is in the database.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT HERE?
    Web Hosting ~ Forum Hosting ~ Blog Hosting
    Coupon Code: 1CENTTRENDY (first month 1 penny)
    ~HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE~

The database has all my deleted forums and categories. I want them back and everything back to normal. Right now my site is on maintenance mode. Please someone help I really need this help. My members will be upset if all their stuff is gone and I may lose them.

Thanks.

Comment

Just restore your backup and try again later, Impex is something you need to test before you use it not use it straight away on a live website.

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have a back up. The forums and categories before the merge is still in the database just not showing on the forum. Is there a way to restore them back from the database?

Comment

Have no idea i think Impex altered ID numbers and was not finished have no clue how to restore it.

Comment

I think the import from old forum had same ID numbers and over wrote the ones but they still remain in my database. I am not sure how to recover them though. Can anyone help?

Vbulletin? Please help. I have a strong forum and nothing now. The old posts are there but not on the forum. Only in the database. Please help me fix this. It is urgent.

Comment

If you had already imported once and did not finalize, when you went to run impex again it cleared the old ata out.

If you don't have a backup there is NOTHING we can do to help you. The data was removed.

Comment

The data is in the database. I see it. It was not removed. I can go through the database in forum and find all the removed forums and posts just does not show in the actual forum if you go to it. Does this make sense?

Comment

If I give you access to the database and show you what it is supposed to look like can you take a look please. It is very upsetting and I want to try to get this fixed.

Comment

Have you rebuilt forums/posts etc since the import?
                    UniteTheCows - File Sharing & Digital Media Resource

Comment

No back up, no test site, wow! Hard-learned lessons. Hope you are able to recover.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X