Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Issue on Migration

Hi there,

I have backed up my database and moved it from one server to another, however upon importing and running the website it appears to think that i have been banned locally on the server and also externally.

Anyone got any suggestions what i do about this? All plugins,addons etc have been removed and comfirmed board working before mirgration. PHP/Mysql are the same versions.

Thanks

Joe.

Are you getting the error message "The Administrator has banned your IP Address" or some other message? Basically- how do you know you have been banned locally AND externally? WHat exactly do you see?

Comment

Hi Joe,

I just get

You have been banned for the following reason:
      No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
      All accounts are the same, Also i had no previous IP banned and when logged off get the same issue.

Cheers

Joe.

Comment

If you register a new account, does it immediately get banned?

If not, create a new account, then upload tools.php from the do_not_upload directory of the original VB install package to the /admincp/ directory of the forum.

Browse directly to /admincp/tools.php, log in with your customer number, and use the option to make your new account an Administrator.

Delete tools.php, log in as an administrator, and see what is going on. Perhaps your usergroups have "Is banned usergroup" set to Yes instead fo No in Usergroup Manager.

Comment

Reset the admin user and rebuilt the forum settings and all is well.

None of the groups were set to ban groups either! Weird!

Thanks anyways.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X