No announcement yet.

What do you think, is this worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] What do you think, is this worth it?

I'm looking at a webhosting service for a new forum I'm putting together (my first one - I'm a novice) and this webhost is offering for $10/month I get 5 email accounts, 1,000 MB of Disk Space, and 10 GB Monthly Traffic. I just downloaded vBulletin. Is this a good deal for my first forum?

Thanks.
    ZelleZ

It would be a start, but other things you want to look at are, databases, what kind of hardware, what are the limits, etc. When we first started my forum we had a similar plan for the first two weeks, but because of traffic we had to move.

Also you had mentioned earlier about one in our local area. You might want to contact them because I don't think the servers are based here.
    www.cdmagurus.com
    www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZelleZ View Post
      I'm looking at a webhosting service for a new forum I'm putting together (my first one - I'm a novice) and this webhost is offering for $10/month I get 5 email accounts, 1,000 MB of Disk Space, and 10 GB Monthly Traffic. I just downloaded vBulletin. Is this a good deal for my first forum?

Thanks.
      Not sure how the prices should be in the US, in Germany here I get for 7.20$ 5.000MB Disk Space, unlimited traffic, 10 databases, 100 sub domains, 500 email accounts, daily backup, backup on the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by whitey10tc View Post
        It would be a start, but other things you want to look at are, databases, what kind of hardware, what are the limits, etc. When we first started my forum we had a similar plan for the first two weeks, but because of traffic we had to move.

Also you had mentioned earlier about one in our local area. You might want to contact them because I don't think the servers are based here.
        Host Monster here in Utah really concerns me. It's unlimited everything which of course isn't true and I'm concerned about the quality of service but the price is about $7 per month which is great but am I "going to get what I pay for"? Of course there are other services out there that look real solid but they want a lot of $$ for not much space and band width. I'm kind of trying to get something in between and trying to figure out all of this since it's all so new to me.
        ZelleZ

Comment

I just set up two domains for the price of one ($14.95) at LiquidWeb.

https://www.liquidweb.com/cart/conte...ared/Standard/

I can add another domain for free.

C-Panel, unlimited databases and email, lots of room/bandwidth...

I'm happy so far!

(Not affiliated, etc....)
          shout street
          willful stupidity

Comment

I have a dedicated server from Webtropia.com in Germany and it serves my good at the moment. You can also get a VPS http://www.webtropia.com/en/home/virtual-server.html thats 10 euro but you need to set it up your self. You can look around there better offers out there but stay away from Godaddy because the forum will have trouble running there.

Comment

We use Host Duplex.

Sam is pretty helpful because we are total newbies at this so we ask stupid questions.

The only down side would be it is hard to do some of the backup stuff because we don't have SSH access... but I guess if we knew more we could do better at that stuff... The instructions from vbulletin don't help us find the bits we need to get to to do stuff but assume knowledge we don't have.

So far I'd say pretty good service but as I said we don't know much and are learning as we go

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X