Is it possible..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Is it possible..

So, our homepage is kind of a 'dashboard'.. I would like to have the full article pages to have a different layout (without all the extra widgets, just the article and categories).. is this possible?

Yes. Just create a new layout (and possibly grid) without the widgets on it, and use that new layout for the sections with the articles. You can use any layout for individual sections, and then all articles under that section will use that layout. So, you could actually have some sections (and associated articles) with widgets, and some without.

Comment

Would I need two sections? Because I would like a preview of the article to remain on the home page, and when you go to read the whole article, a different layout.. so would I need to assign the articles to two different sections--one for the homepage preview and one for the individual article page(s)?

Comment

No, because the info is based on the section that you are viewing it in. If you have a homepage with an area that pulls articles from other sections, it will display it however the homepage is laid out. Once you go to the specific section for the article, it will display it how that section is laid out.

Comment

Just make sure the section that contains the articles is a sub-section of your homepage section and set it to display articles from sub-sections.

- News (homepage)
          -- Local News (articles)
          sigpic
          Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

How exactly do you tell a section to use a certain layout?

Comment

CLICK HERE

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X