Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    the vBulletin database is your entire installation. It contains 99% of everything that matters.

If you install (run the install script) you just created a database for whatever version you installed and pre-populated the default vBulletin data. This is again 99% of what the forum needs to run. You don't need to bother running the installer since you have a valid database.

IF the files are in place, and your database gets restored, you've done your job. http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/moving_servers

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Never, ever ever, eever ever install vBulletin, to restore a backup. Ever.

You're wasting your time. vBulletin is in the database, the files are how vBulletin interacts with the database.

You can run that query in phpmyadmin, or in the vBulletin admincp, or you can run it on the mysql console.
    Can you explain more please?

I also should have said to create a new DB. What else?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Never, ever ever, eever ever install vBulletin, to restore a backup. Ever.

You're wasting your time. vBulletin is in the database, the files are how vBulletin interacts with the database.

You can run that query in phpmyadmin, or in the vBulletin admincp, or you can run it on the mysql console.

Leave a comment:

• justinnethers
    replied
    Got this response after starting a ticket but found out that I am not eligible for ticket support so not sure if I will get a response there.

Firstly, you can't replace tables from an older test version and expect them to work, the data stored in the table will be incorrect amongst other things. Can you:

- delete the datastore table from your database
    - run this queries to recreate this as a 4.1.5 version with default data:

CREATE TABLE PREFIX_datastore (
    title CHAR(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
    data MEDIUMTEXT,
    unserialize SMALLINT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
    PRIMARY KEY (title)
    )

INSERT INTO PREFIX_datastore
    (title, data, unserialize)
    VALUES
    ('products', '" . $db->escape_string(serialize(
    array('vbulletin' => '1'))) . "', 1)

*Change PREFIX_ to any prefix you have on your tables or remove this if you don't.

- Go to AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager and edit any forum then hit save without changing anything. This should repopulate the Datastore with other information.

Do you still have this problem?
    For the query in bold, is there a place where I can run a query with php in it or do I have to create a new script just to run that query?

Leave a comment:

• justinnethers
    replied
    Originally posted by nakedanvil View Post
    Reinstall 4.0.3, restore DB, then upgrade to 4.1.5.
    I guess I'll be trying this out now. Hopefully it works.

Leave a comment:

• justinnethers
    replied
    How does a support ticket work? This would be the first big issue I've ever had that wasn't able to be corrected with a quick fix.

Leave a comment:

• justinnethers
    replied
    Not quite 4000 posts, actually. I was looking at the wrong data. I'd only lose about 1000 posts.

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    A support ticket might be a good idea. How could that be if you just upgraded this morning?

Leave a comment:

• justinnethers
    replied
    Is there a way to bridge the posts from on db to the other? It looks like I'd lose 4000 posts reverting back to the old db.

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    Reinstall 4.0.3, restore DB, then upgrade to 4.1.5.

Leave a comment:

• vb_datastore was crashed, copied table from backup, now site isn't working

I am at a loss.

http://www.ohiochatter.com/forum

You can view forum index and the first page of a thread but trying to post gives a 500 error. Trying to access a page other than the first of a thread gives a 500 error.

I just updated to 4.1.5 this morning and everything was fine. Somehow tonight the datastore table crashed and after I copied from a backup I realized it was from version 4.0.3. Not sure what effect that has.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X