Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have somehow lost the forum of my publishing suite ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] I have somehow lost the forum of my publishing suite ?

Hi friends

I have only just purchased a publishing suite and for reasons unknown to me i have somehow managed to lose the forum part of my site ?

Which is a real bummer because i had just set up all the boards and felt i was starting to get the hang of it all

So although i can see the category boards in the permissions and so on i cannot for the life of me restore it all back to the original way it was

I knew buying this software would challenge me and already i am in trouble, i guess this is how we learn but so frustrating

So i am asking if there is a 'restore point' where although i lose the categories and the few practice blogs i at least get the forum back up and running ??

Also another quick question is that i would like the articles to go on the front page but i still cannot figure it out ???

Any and all help/suggestions are very musch appreciated

The forum do appear in the 'what's new section' ????

Regards

Rod

People are reading but no one is offering a solution ?

Simple question is 'is there a section/button where i can restore the site to the original installation' ??

Truly love to know , i am sure i not the only one who has attempted to set up their and to have done this ....... just need a push in the right direction , i have beed trying to edit the permissions but with no luck so far

Because this is only a day old i am not fussed at losing the content and i am sure it is my fault rather than installion issue

Ok again thanks

Comment

Simple question is 'is there a section/button where i can restore the site to the original installation' ??
      Simple answer is: No.

To go back to a clean installation: Just delete the database and recreate it, re-upload the files, then re-install.
      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

People are reading but no one is offering a solution ?

Truly love to know , i am sure i not the only one who has attempted to set up their and to have done this ....... just need a push in the right direction , i have beed trying to edit the permissions but with no luck so far

Because this is only a day old i am not fussed at losing the content and i am sure it is my fault rather than installion issue

Maybe there is an archive section where you can restore ...... i really hate being dumb !

Or possibly at the maintenance section

Comment

Well i just $150 to have it installed and that was the last of the credit card for the moment, and at this point i really do think is it a permission issue ????

I guess when the budget runs out you have to keep investigating ....... i am in melbourne ....can't you swim over and take a look

Just joking but i do thank you for your imput

Cheers

Comment

You can't expect an answer because of views.
            The simple answer is no vb does not have a restoring feature.

Check your admibcp/forum's/moderators permissions and make sure the user groups can view the content.

Or you can start over, like previously mentioned.
            www.cdmagurus.com
            www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment

Originally posted by goroddy View Post
              Well i just $150 to have it installed and that was the last of the credit card for the moment, and at this point i really do think is it a permission issue ????

I guess when the budget runs out you have to keep investigating ....... i am in melbourne ....can't you swim over and take a look

Just joking but i do thank you for your imput

Cheers
              Heh, I doubt I'd make it far.

Well, when you say you have lost the forum, what happens if you go to yourdomain.com/forum.php ?

If you want, PM me your site URL and I'll see if I can see any obvious issues.
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Hey Ace in the settings section in the forums homepage options

I think the box/info below is my problem ,, i changed the setting to Music Forum then noticed the value had to be changed if i did this, would that make sense ?? and if that makes for the reason i have lost the blog section of this brand new site how to i get to the correct place to fix i wonder
                After i noticed that i should have changed the value at forums.php because i am thinking if i rename that file/section it may come good ??
                Does that make sense that because i changed the forum page title it does not now work even though i changed it back once i realized ???

This option allows you to set the script name of the page that acts as your forum home page. By default this will be 'forum' (meaning forum.php but you may want to call it whatever else you like for your own purposes.

If you change this value you must manually rename the forumhome PHP script to match the new value.

Comment

Can you take and post a screenshot of that settings page? You're probably on the right track.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot music forum.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	3683195Full page has shrunk ?????

Comment

Yeah, you need to change that top Forums to forum.

Comment

yes did try that via your pm

Comment

just tried the direct navigation domainname.com.au/forum.php and that did work ........so its somewhere in the settings or files

.....getting warmer !

Comment

Umm.

The forum button appears to be working for me.

Comment

i can see the difference , one has forum and one has forums ...... yet it did not revert after changing it back ...... so now it's a case of how to fix rather than where to fix

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X