PM system bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] PM system bug

I am running a forum with post based user promotions. After a user makes 2 posts, they are moved to a usergroup that is allowed to utilize the PM system.

Several users are complaining that they are able to receive PMs, but they are unable to retrieve them.

Is this behavior normal? You would think that if a usergroup was not allowed to use the PM system, they would not be able to receive PMs. I checked by creating a new user and finding that they are in fact able to receive PMs, but they are not able to read them.

That actually seems to be the way it is, yes. I wouldn't call this a bug in general thou. The permission has to be called up at either the senders or the receivers part, so using the routine at the receivers site makes it more comfortable because as soon as the receiver has got the posts he need to do for reading his pm's, he can read them and they are not lost.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X