RSS Bot time interval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS Bot time interval

Hi, I want to setup a rss bot in vbulletin settings. The problem I have is, that I can't choose to post all 24 hours or even all 3 days. I just can can choose between some minutes and 12 hours.

Is there a way to let it post all 3 days? that would be enough for me.

That value is simply how often it checks for new content, not how far back it will look. If you check the source of your feed and see how many items there's been in the last 3 days, you can set the 'Maximum Items to Fetch' value to pull back all of these - or set it to a high value and delete everything older than what you're looking for after they've been posted.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Thank you..I am not sure if this is what i want. I don't really care what is new on the rss feed, I just care that my rss bot posts all 3 days, 1 or 2 items from the rss feed. The feed I want to implement is updated every 30 minutes.

Comment

There is no way to change these values without custom edits to the code which we do not support, but you may be able to get help on www.vbulletin.org.

However if you choose 12 hours, it checks every 12 hours. if there has been no updates to the feed it will not make any post and check again in another 12 hours. It doesn't re-post the same content that has already been posted.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X