No announcement yet.

Quotes don't show in front page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The picture above is how it should be but with 4.1.5 it does not work like that.

Comment

From what I understand, it depends on the length of the preview text (200 characters by default) and the length of the BBCode. We don't want to show broken BBCode / HTML on the front page. You can increase the preview length under Settings -> Options -> Content Management.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

The blogs break the quote at the preview text limit afaik i.e. if it's 200 and your quote is 400 it'll just show 200 and close the quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          From what I understand, it depends on the length of the preview text (200 characters by default) and the length of the BBCode. We don't want to show broken BBCode / HTML on the front page. You can increase the preview length under Settings -> Options -> Content Management.
          Mine is set at 120 characters but when i try to post this (see below) on the frontpage it does not quote the message.

This is a Test

Comment

That quote above is 173 characters worth of generated HTML.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              That quote above is 173 characters worth of generated HTML.
              Set the limit to 1000 characters and still not working for the simple quote as above.

Comment

Have had this problem and was hoping it would be resolved in 4.2.1... quotes still don't show.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X