Quotes don't show in front page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Quotes don't show in front page

So I was posting something up to test on my forum. Basically if I have a quote starting my CMS article, when I get around to posting it, it doesn't show up on the front page. That is to say the text just skips the quote and moves onto anything that wasn't quoted. Is this normal?

Yes that is normal the quote does not work on the frontpage, have no idea if its a bug or not.

Comment

Hmmm that's odd. Is there any way around this? Like a mod or setting or something?

Comment

Originally posted by PharaohsVizier View Post
        Hmmm that's odd. Is there any way around this? Like a mod or setting or something?
        Not that i know off and its a bug http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8938 well its a regression because it worked in 4.0.2.

Comment

Thanks, nice to see that it wasn't a plugin or something that screwed it up. I guess I'll just have to live with the problem since it is low priority.

Comment

Well the majority of the bugs are classified as trivial or minor bugs even if it goes against their own system, think they find it more acceptable if its 900+ issues that are trivial/minor then 900+ issues that are major or higher.

Comment

quotes work on my cms

Comment

On the front page too?

Comment

yes dont have a problem with it

Comment

Link?

Comment

will pm you that as my forums are private

Comment

Thanks TNO! I think the OP is referring to quotes using the editor quote tags. Works fine on my 4.1.2. What version are you running? I didn't see a quote on your front page.

Comment

I am running the latest if you can show me a screenshot of what you mean

Comment

TheNewOne he means like this (picture below), here you can see quotes in the frontpage post when i try this on test install it does not work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	quotes_4-0-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	3683178

Comment

mine does not seem to show like that mine seems to be ok

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X