Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the license allow for multiple installs for testing purposes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Does the license allow for multiple installs for testing purposes?

We've recently updated from 4.1.3 to 4.1.5 which obviously the biggest change in there includes the CKEditor. Also included are the new bbcode tables which are nice. However, I had a hack installed that offered bbcode tables using the | as a cell separator. With the new bbcodes, they obviously aren't compatible and as a result, all of those old tables are not being rendered whatsoever.

My question is, can I install 4.1.3 as a separate, read-only install and restore a backup copy of my database to that installation. That would allow my users to copy & paste their tables (there are quite a bit) over to the updated forums. The 4.1.3 install would be temporary, a week to a month at most.

I apologize if this is in the wrong location.

From the License Agreement:

You may set up one additional temporary test forum for the purpose of testing code, template and database modifications. Such a test forum must be password protected, and not made available to the general public at any time.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
      From the License Agreement:
      Would it be something that we could open it up to a small number of users (10-20) or by general public, does that mean all non-staff?

Comment

You should only open it up to staff
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Dragging up an old thread, but if i had a vb3 license originally and then upgraded to a vb4 license does this still apply ?
          Bowl UK The Bowlers choice for bowling chat

Comment

I don't see how which version you upgraded from makes any difference.

Comment

The clause is from the vBulletin 4.X license. The vBulletin License specifically allows for a test and development installation to be created. You can read the license at:

https://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php

The specific clause is:
              You may set up one additional temporary test forum for the purpose of testing code, template and database modifications. Such a test forum must be password protected, and not made available to the general public at any time.

It was also in the vBulletin 3.X license.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X