X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JHiemstra
    replied
    Originally posted by hilary View Post
    Hi I have 4.1.3 and I found that changing Options > style and language settings > Allow Users To Change Styles
    to yes stopped mine from freezing up.
    +1. That solved several issues for me (problems appeared after upgrading to 4.1.8)

Leave a comment:

• Littlerocket
    replied
    Originally posted by hqarrse View Post
    I think the general recommendation would be "don't attempt to use the 4.1.5 mobile style" and stick on the 4.1.3 one, or 4.1.4 which also worked. Mine broke on the 4.1.5 upgrade and is not yet sorted.
    Thanks for that. I have had major problems with the mobile styel on 4.1.5. I will try to install 4.1.4.

Leave a comment:

• hqarrse
    replied
    I think the general recommendation would be "don't attempt to use the 4.1.5 mobile style" and stick on the 4.1.3 one, or 4.1.4 which also worked. Mine broke on the 4.1.5 upgrade and is not yet sorted.

Leave a comment:

• hilary
    replied
    Hi I have 4.1.3 and I found that changing Options > style and language settings > Allow Users To Change Styles
    to yes stopped mine from freezing up.

Leave a comment:

• hqarrse
    replied
    Hi Paul, sorry for being grumpy - your post was fine and I know my fix is not a perfect fix. I still can't get the CMS part of the mobile theme working for example. This problem has been discussed on here for some time and the exact problem identified weeks ago ("Uncaught ReferenceError: getBaseUrl is not defined"). I don't think there is an 'affected site', but an affected VB version. My guess is that any virgin install of 4.1.5 simply does not have a working mobile theme.

Leave a comment:

• Michael König
    replied
    Originally posted by reki View Post
    Why is this forum (vbulletin.com) using the old version?
    Ah finally I understand why the Mobile Style is working here but nowhere else, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Paul that comment is somewhat irritating. Since you're using that fix on your own site, but didn't tell anyone, it's a bit harsh to poo-poo it.
    I have no control over what versions vb.com runs, more likely the style here hasnt been upgraded, its certainly not to 'fix' anything.

I'm assuming that leaving us to scrabble around guessing the answer wasn't intentional, but frustrating nonetheless.
    You are also assuming that we were aware of the exact issue in the first place.
    The reality is that we noted the fault was being caused by a j/s error in 1.6.1 yesterday, and intended to ask an affected site to upload the none compressed version to get a better idea of where in JQ the error occurs. We have not tested it on older versions of JQ, or come up with that as a 'fix' - that came from a member, not vB.

The information will be passed to the mobile style developers to look into.

Leave a comment:

• hqarrse
    replied
    Paul that comment is somewhat irritating. Since you're using that fix on your own site, but didn't tell anyone, it's a bit harsh to poo-poo it. I'm assuming that leaving us to scrabble around guessing the answer wasn't intentional, but frustrating nonetheless.

Edit: just noticed that you're from vb.org not here, so I'll take that whinge back. Sorry!

Leave a comment:

• reki
    replied
    Why is this forum (vbulletin.com) using the old version?

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Going back to an older version of jQuery (1.4.4) may solve the current issue with the later version (1.6.1), but could also have consequences elsewhere. Its also [obviously] not a long term solution.

Leave a comment:

• princesspepper
    replied
    OK, a promising fix is to use jquery-1.4.4 from VB4.1.4pl3 instead of jquery-1.6.1 (assuming it is straight jquery in VB, also here http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.4.4.min.js). Put it in clientscript/jquery and edit the headinclude template, changing the jquery version number in the relevant script include line.

This has also bought my menu back to life and PMs now work. Not tested beyond that so expect a rather more gloomy edit to this post shortly!

Edit:

- To get PMs and grid menu working, the theme must be set as default mobile style in settings->styles and language settings
    - Smilies aren't formatted properly and don't work when posting
    Great! This has fixedmine too... Thanks

Just wished the mobile style worked in the CMS too now!

Leave a comment:

• reki
    replied
    hquarrse, you are my new personal hero!

I can confirm this fix works for me but I also am able to use the grid menu, PMs and smileys without making it the default style. Perhaps that is a different issue you are having?

I also just noticed that this forum is using still using jquery-1.4.4.min.js as well, which explains why it works here. Thanks again, hquarrse!

Leave a comment:

• hqarrse
    replied
    OK, a promising fix is to use jquery-1.4.4 from VB4.1.4pl3 instead of jquery-1.6.1 (assuming it is straight jquery in VB, also here http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.4.4.min.js). Put it in clientscript/jquery and edit the headinclude template, changing the jquery version number in the relevant script include line.

This has also bought my menu back to life and PMs now work. Not tested beyond that so expect a rather more gloomy edit to this post shortly!

Edit:

- To get PMs and grid menu working, the theme must be set as default mobile style in settings->styles and language settings
    - Smilies aren't formatted properly and don't work when posting
    Last edited by hqarrse; Thu 25 Aug '11, 9:10am. Reason: update

Leave a comment:

• hqarrse
    replied
    OK, thanks. I am getting somewhere. We're missing the function getBaseUrl for some reason when logged in.

"Uncaught ReferenceError: getBaseUrl is not defined"

If I get that function out of the vbulletin-core.js and add it to the header then I get further errors. I'll keep playing. Must be something simple - scripts in the wrong order or some such.

Leave a comment:

• reki
    replied
    No, Steve asked me to submit it as a bug report because they couldn't work it out.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X