Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    This seems to be a growing issue- maybe it was a recent change with gmail.

I have made a quick mod that changes ( and ) to [ and ] in thread titles when a new thread is posted- http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=296234

Like with all 3rd party modifications however, no support for it is provided here on vBulletin.com.

Leave a comment:

• Kevlar
    replied
    Well the good news is the link still works even though it is broken, but the problem comes that the break happens at the parenthesis which means that the &goto=newpost is not passed into the URL so it opens at post #1... which could be a bit of a problem if the thread has 1000 replies, you would have no idea which page you left off on.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    I think it has to do with the email client not knowing that the open parentheses ( is a valid character in a URL. Usually this isn't a big deal but if a lot of threads use the that character it may be more of an issue- try to have users avoid it if possible.

Leave a comment:

• Hartmut
    replied
    I personally never had such a problem nor did I read about it yet.

Leave a comment:

• Kevlar
    started a topic Broken links in email

Broken links in email

One of my users is complaining that the links to the forum via email are broken. I suspect it has something to do with the length of the URL in his email client, but wanted to check if anybody else had a similar problem?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X