CMS, create custom page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] CMS, create custom page?

How do you easily create a custom page with the CMS? There should just be a Create Page option. I am hoping it has evolved since: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...page-in-vB-CMS.

I have not upgraded to 4 yet, still on 3, but have it installed for testing. Thanks

You now have the normal way to create a page and pages based on static (HTML) and PHP Direct evaluation (PHP based) those 3 are now in the CMS without the need to alter stuff first.

Comment

Oh cool, so would that be as a widget? Could you explain the steps? Thanks

Comment

I can do better then that i can show you with screen-shots. There not widgets the widgets them selfs have also got HTML and PHP if needed, this is for the articles them selfs.

This is the normal static one that you got in the beginning of vBulletin 4 you could not add php or html so easy.
        Article

This one is the html you can enter html in here and it will show it.
        HTML

This one is php that execute php code, i have no idea if they strip stuff out what could be dangerous.
        PHP

But why not create a demo here at vBulletin to look around https://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php the cms.

Comment

I see now, it's on the CMS frontend. Create > Static Page. I was looking in the admincp because I thought that's where you would create a page. So I guess it's only on the frontend?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by indie View Post
            I see now, it's on the CMS frontend. Create > Static Page. I was looking in the admincp because I thought that's where you would create a page. So I guess it's only on the frontend?

Thanks
            Yes, this is where you create CMS content.
            sigpic
            Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

Just so you know, lots of people are having a problem creating the Static Pages with Facebook Platform enabled. The interface is there but the "Save" and "Apply" buttons are causing issues for some people. Be sure you test to see if it's working for you before you create your page. Do a test with the default content if you have FB platform enabled. You can disable it, create your page, and then enable it. This is if you have the problem in the first place, of course.
              My name is Sean and I own iConvo - Intelligent Conversations.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X